Progress reports go home Thursday, March 10, 2016. Please sign and return to your homeroom teacher.
Classes create a vocabulary list based on what we are studying. The list will close on Tuesday and the test will be Thursday. Students need to be able to define and use the terms.
6th grade classes 215 & 235 list:
6th grade 222 list:
7th grade 218 list:
- control variable
- dependent variable
- red blood cell
- white blood cell
- independent variable
**Note: middle school students have homework every night except Friday. This week 6th grade students have a daily science worksheet and to study their vocabulary each night. 7th grade students have an informational text with questions and to study their vocabulary each night.
If you want me to look over the final draft of your paper and offer suggestions, you need to email it to me before Thanksgiving break. Use Google Docs and then share it so I can edit. That way I can make suggestions directly in the document.
Remember that the entire science fair project is due Dec 1st.
All Middle School students are participating in the Jose de Diego Science Fair Thursday, December 3.
Students should bring their projects in Tuesday, Dec 1 to set up and present in class prior to the judging.
First Quarter Report Card Pick Up is Wednesday
Noon -3 pm and 3:45 – 6 pm
Middle School parents pick up report cards from homeroom and then please stop by to speak with your child’s other teachers.
Be sure to sign in with each teacher.
For 222: This is your “To Do” List for the computer lab
*While you are working on the computer, Mrs. Falwell will come around to check your science fair packet to sign off on the things that are due. The list of due dates in on page 3 of your packet.
1. Look up your Class Dojo Points for the start of class
- Mrs. Falwell will give you a purple paper with your code if you have not connected to Class Dojo yet.
- Remember that 20 points of your exit ticket is calculating the change in Dojo Points, so getting this first number is important
- You may use your personal email for this or your school email- you choose
2. Look up your current grade on Student Portal
- To get to Student Portal, go to the right column of this webpage, look under “Login Links” and click “Student Portal”
- Use your CPS login
- If you do not know your CPS login, Mrs. Falwell will give you a green paper with your username and ID number
3. For exit slip question #1 answer this question: What is your current grade in science and what will you do to make it better in the next 2 weeks?
4. Check your CPS student email for an invitation from Mrs. Falwell to join Google Classroom and connect to her class
5. Sign in to Google Classroom and connect to Mrs. Falwell’s class
- To get to Google Classroom, go to the right column of this webpage, look under “Login Links” and click “Google Classroom.”
- You must use your CPS login for Google Classroom (The green paper Mrs. Falwell gave you has your username and ID number
- To connect to Mrs. Falwell’s class click the + sign in the upper right corner
- use the code she will give you on a red piece of paper
- OR you can go into your CPS email and look for the invitation Mrs. Falwell sent you
6. Do the assignment “What is your science fair topic and problem statement?”
- Find the assignment (the latest assignment is on top, so you will have to scroll down)
- When you see the assignment “What is your science fair topic and problem statement?” click “Open”
- Write your answer as a private comment and click “post” to send it to Mrs. Falwell
- When you are done sending your comment click “Mark Complete” so Mrs. Falwell knows you are ready for her to grade it.
- If you need to change your answer you will have to unsubmit it, post a new comment to change your answer, and then mark it done again.
7. Do the assignment “What type of learner are you?”
- When you see the assignment “What type of learner are you?” you will see the directions and 3 links,
- To turn in this assignment you will need to open the Google Doc and follow the directions.
- You will put a screen shot of your survey results into the Google Doc. The last link on the assignment tells you how to do a screen on a Mac computer like we use in the computer lab.
- When you are done making changes to the Google Doc click “Mark Complete” to turn it in so Mrs. Falwell knows you are ready for her to grade it.
8. Complete your Achieve 3000 assignments
- To get to Achieve 3000, go to the right column of this webpage, look under “Login Links” and click “Achieve 3000.”
All due dates for the science fair are listed on page 3 of your packet. Use this link if you need to reprint your packet.
Due Tues, Oct 20:
- Topic (see category list pg 5-7 of packet)
- Problem Statement (in the form of a question, write it on page 13 of the packet using the Science Lab Report Organizer Rough Draft)
- Safety Sheet (page 23 of packet)
If you plan to have a partner you need a note from BOTH parents saying you have their permission to work with the other student and where/when you will meet. You need to plan to meet at least once a week.
KEEP YOUR PACKET TOGETHER! You will fill in the parts as they are due and your parents and teacher will sign off on page 3 as they check each part. Do not pull your packet apart.
Go to this page if you lost your packet and need to print it again. I will not be making more copies of such a large packet. Note that there are 2 parts because there are so many pages of information.
- Please go to Classroom.Google.Com
- Sign in using your CPS Google account sign in.
- You will join Mrs. Falwell’s class using the code she gives you.
- Once you have joined , do the “Do Now” assignment
- Next log in to Achieve 3000. Select Mrs. Falwell’s class and then complete the next lesson “Getting Ready for Earthquakes.”
This is the 2nd year that Jose de Diego was invited to participate. Last year Diego’s robotics team was honored as the only CPS middle school invited to participate with high school robotics teams.