Shoop will host HistoryMakers during an assembly Friday morning.
Find out more about HistoryMakers click the icon below and check out our students’ products that will be on display.
Submit your work to the Diego Anthology. See site for categories and rules. Entries must be submitted before June 1, 2016.
Test Thursday on these cell organelles. Know their function and be able to label on a diagram.
For 222: This is your “To Do” List for the computer lab
*While you are working on the computer, Mrs. Falwell will come around to check your science fair packet to sign off on the things that are due. The list of due dates in on page 3 of your packet.
1. Look up your Class Dojo Points for the start of class
2. Look up your current grade on Student Portal
3. For exit slip question #1 answer this question: What is your current grade in science and what will you do to make it better in the next 2 weeks?
4. Check your CPS student email for an invitation from Mrs. Falwell to join Google Classroom and connect to her class
5. Sign in to Google Classroom and connect to Mrs. Falwell’s class
6. Do the assignment “What is your science fair topic and problem statement?”
7. Do the assignment “What type of learner are you?”
8. Complete your Achieve 3000 assignments
Go to this page if you lost your packet and need to print it again. I will not be making more copies of such a large packet. Note that there are 2 parts because there are so many pages of information.
This is the 2nd year that Jose de Diego was invited to participate. Last year Diego’s robotics team was honored as the only CPS middle school invited to participate with high school robotics teams.
Quiz Tuesday on Observation, Inference and Variables. You will need to identify statements as observation or inference. You will need to identify examples as one of the 3 kinds of variables: independent, dependent or control. You will use examples from Dr. Goldberger’s pellagra experiment and from our sensitivity experiment (with the toothpicks).
Quiz Wednesday on the structure of the Earth- layers, and formation of volcanoes. You will need to label the layers of the earth and describe each layer. For volcanoes you will need to match each type and describe how they form. Volcano types include fountain, curtain and flow.
6th grade students need to finish their public service announcement about earthquakes. It needs to include:
Students will turn in their essay at the end of class tomorrow. We are working on this in class, but some students chose to also work on it at home. This is what should be included:
-State which clinical trial you chose to fund
*Justify your choice by citing textual evidence
*Address concerns of the opposing view (why did you choose this trial instead of the others?)
-If additional funds become available, how would you vote to give the next money to? Why?
-Is there a trial you would not fund? If so, why?