For 222: This is your “To Do” List for the computer lab
*While you are working on the computer, Mrs. Falwell will come around to check your science fair packet to sign off on the things that are due. The list of due dates in on page 3 of your packet.
1. Look up your Class Dojo Points for the start of class
- Mrs. Falwell will give you a purple paper with your code if you have not connected to Class Dojo yet.
- Remember that 20 points of your exit ticket is calculating the change in Dojo Points, so getting this first number is important
- You may use your personal email for this or your school email- you choose
2. Look up your current grade on Student Portal
- To get to Student Portal, go to the right column of this webpage, look under “Login Links” and click “Student Portal”
- Use your CPS login
- If you do not know your CPS login, Mrs. Falwell will give you a green paper with your username and ID number
3. For exit slip question #1 answer this question: What is your current grade in science and what will you do to make it better in the next 2 weeks?
4. Check your CPS student email for an invitation from Mrs. Falwell to join Google Classroom and connect to her class
5. Sign in to Google Classroom and connect to Mrs. Falwell’s class
- To get to Google Classroom, go to the right column of this webpage, look under “Login Links” and click “Google Classroom.”
- You must use your CPS login for Google Classroom (The green paper Mrs. Falwell gave you has your username and ID number
- To connect to Mrs. Falwell’s class click the + sign in the upper right corner
- use the code she will give you on a red piece of paper
- OR you can go into your CPS email and look for the invitation Mrs. Falwell sent you
6. Do the assignment “What is your science fair topic and problem statement?”
- Find the assignment (the latest assignment is on top, so you will have to scroll down)
- When you see the assignment “What is your science fair topic and problem statement?” click “Open”
- Write your answer as a private comment and click “post” to send it to Mrs. Falwell
- When you are done sending your comment click “Mark Complete” so Mrs. Falwell knows you are ready for her to grade it.
- If you need to change your answer you will have to unsubmit it, post a new comment to change your answer, and then mark it done again.
7. Do the assignment “What type of learner are you?”
- When you see the assignment “What type of learner are you?” you will see the directions and 3 links,
- To turn in this assignment you will need to open the Google Doc and follow the directions.
- You will put a screen shot of your survey results into the Google Doc. The last link on the assignment tells you how to do a screen on a Mac computer like we use in the computer lab.
- When you are done making changes to the Google Doc click “Mark Complete” to turn it in so Mrs. Falwell knows you are ready for her to grade it.
8. Complete your Achieve 3000 assignments
- To get to Achieve 3000, go to the right column of this webpage, look under “Login Links” and click “Achieve 3000.”